Loyalty programmes offer cruisers exclusive benefits and offers they can’t find elsewhere. There are a number of river cruise lines which already offer a loyalty scheme, some of which you might already be applicable for!
Find out more about what each scheme offers and how you can enjoy these exclusive savings and offers on your future river cruises below.
AmaWaterways Privilege Rewards
AmaWaterways has a three-tier structure for their loyalty programme, which is available to those booking their second cruise and beyond. The rewards scheme includes exclusive benefits such as discounts, upgrades and complimentary transfers.
Tiers are broken down as follows:
Blue – This is applicable for those sailing with AmaWaterways for the second time and onwards, including the following rewards:
- £70 discount per person on cruise price
- AmaWaterways Privilege guest reception
Silver – This is for those sailing with AmaWaterways for the third time, including the following:
- All of the above in Blue
- Complimentary Welcome amenity
- Complimentary airport transfers
- £70 discount on a 1-category upgrade
Gold – This is for those on their 4th+ cruise with AmaWaterways and includes:
- All of the above in Silver (except the £70 discount on a 1-category upgrade)
- Complimentary 1-category upgrade
Uniworld’s River Heritage Club
Guests are automatically enrolled into the River Heritage Club, receiving benefits, savings and rewards which are exclusive to members.
These savings are applicable following your first Uniworld River Cruise and include the following benefits:
- An exclusive welcome gift to commemorate your membership
- Special member-only offers
- Dedicated phone number
- Complimentary in-room fruit platter waiting on-board for your arrival
- Priority notification on new cruises and programs
- Complimentary laundry service
- Exclusive Riverviews E-Magazine
- Join the Captain for a members-only cocktail party on-board
The Scenic Club is set up to reward members for their passion for travel, offering guests free membership and automatic enrolment when returning from their first cruise.
Scenic Club members are offered exclusive deals, discounts and offers including benefits such as private transfers, complimentary pre- and post-cruise stays, and free on-board credit. Perks can vary depending on loyalty club status, with four grades of membership ranging from Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Emerald.
Similar to EmeraldEXPLORER, Scenic Club operates on a points system. These can be redeemed based on the cabin booked or through taking part in escorted tours on the cruise.
These grades are explained in detail below:
Scenic Club Gold – Guests are automatically enrolled as a Gold member and enjoy benefits such as:
- £100 per person welcome home voucher which can be redeemed on next cruise or tour
- Scenic Club Gold luggage
Scenic Club Platinum – Collect 5,000 points to upgrade to Scenic Platinum and enjoy the same benefits as a Gold member, as well as:
- Private door-to-door chauffeur transfers before and after travel
- Complimentary pre- and post-hotel stays for trips of 20+ days
- Scenic Club Platinum wheel-on overnight bag and luggage selection prior to every trip
Scenic Club Diamond – Collect 10,000 points to upgrade to Scenic Diamond and enjoy the same benefits as a Platinum member, as well as:
- Scenic Club Diamond full-sized suitcase or £75 per person gift card prior to departure
- Scenic Club Diamond trolley bag and selection of luggage prior to every trip
- An extended distance allowance for private door-to-door chauffeur transfer service
Scenic Club Emerald – Collect 25,000 points to upgrade to Scenic Emerald and enjoy the same benefits as a Diamond member, as well as:
- Additional £50 per person welcome home voucher to be redeemed on next cruise or tour (£150 per person in total)
- €75 per person on-board credit for the Wellness Centre
- Upgraded hotel categories for pre- or post-accommodation
There is a base rate of 140 points for all members based on cabin type, with this increasing based on the category of the suite or higher graded cabins.
In addition, Scenic Club members will also receive a £100 refer a friend voucher which entitles a friend or family member to £100 off their first Scenic river cruise. When booked, Scenic Club members will also receive £100 off their next booking.
EmeraldEXPLORER Loyalty Club
After your first cruise with Emerald Waterways, guests are automatically enrolled into the cruise line’s loyalty scheme and become a member of the EmeraldEXPLORER loyalty club.
This entitles you to exclusive benefits, savings on future cruises and is offered in a tiered structure to suit each individual. Points are earned depending on initial booking fares and suite category, with the higher categories redeeming more points.
Tiers are broken down as follows:
EmeraldEXPLORER Silver – This is the initial enrolment level, which guests automatically join when they return. Benefits include:
- Complimentary EmeraldEXPLORER Silver rucksack before every future departure
- £100 per person welcome home voucher
Emerald Explorer Gold – Upon collection of 5,000 EmeraldEXPLORER points, guests can upgrade to Gold and will receive:
- Complimentary EmeraldEXPLORER Gold rucksack
- £150 per person welcome home voucher
Emerald Explorer Diamond – Upon collection of 10,000 EmeraldEXPLORER points, guests can upgrade to Diamond and will receive:
- Complimentary EmeraldEXPLORER Diamond rucksack or satchel
- £200 per person welcome home voucher
Emerald Explorer Platinum – Upon collection of 25,000 EmeraldEXPLORER points, guests can upgrade to Platinum and will receive:
- Complimentary EmeraldEXPLORER Platinum rucksack, satchel, sports bag or cabin case
- £200 per person welcome home voucher
Points differ from 100 points when staying in the Superior Suite while sailing along the Mekong, to 190 points when staying in the Grand Balcony Suite. These are also collected on a daily basis, meaning you can build up your points at ease!
In addition, members receive a £100 refer a friend voucher which entitles a friend or family member to £100 off their first Emerald Waterways trip, as well as £100 off the next booking for members.
Avalon Waterways’ Journeys Club
Avalon Waterways’ Journeys Club is eligible for anyone who has travelled with the cruise line in the last five years, offering discounts, last-minute deals and a monthly newsletter. Once you have enrolled you will be assigned a Journeys Club membership number which you provide at the time of booking to redeem your benefits.
The basis of the programme is for frequent travellers of Avalon Waterways, offering increased discounts on your cruise fare the more you sail. These are outlined as follows:
- £50pp off your second Avalon cruise
- £75pp off your third cruise
- £100pp off each cruise following
Other benefits also include all access to the Concierge Desk, a welcome fruit platter in your stateroom, a complimentary drink during your river cruise and a commemorative member pin.
Book your river cruise and join today
These loyalty schemes offer guests the opportunity to continue cruising with these fantastic cruise lines and enjoy facilities on-board, as well as shore excursions, sometimes at no extra cost.
Call our Cruise Concierge team on 0800 197 0854 for any further information and assistance with your booking.