At nearly twice the width of traditional European river ships, AmaMagna is truly evolving the world of river cruising. Due to launch in May this year, she has been designed with a fresh, contemporary take on river cruising.
Her expansive size means that she will be welcomed by those who long for that extra luxury on a river cruise ship, and perhaps those who have never experienced a river cruise before.
Multiple dining venues
AmaWaterways is a member of La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, an exclusive international culinary society. AmaMagna will embody this culinary expertise with a range of dining venues, all of which are included in your cruise fare. These include:
- The Main Restaurant – the perfect place to whet your appetite;
- The Chef’s Table – the ship’s speciality restaurant where entertainment is key;
- Jimmy’s Wine Bar Restaurant – named after the cruise line’s beloved late co-owner, Jimmy Murphy;
- Al Fresco Restaurant – ideal for fresh, masterfully prepared cuisine
Each of these is included at no additional charge, meaning you can enjoy a breadth of menus
Exciting leisure activities
There is plenty to enjoy on-board AmaMagna, whether you’re looking to energise or explore. One of the most exciting features is the exclusive Sundowner boat, which departs from the ship’s ground-breaking Water Sports Platform. Seating just 14 guests, the boat offers guests the chance to participate in intimate excursions not-to-be-missed.
Other facilities include the heated Sun Deck pool with whirlpool and sky bar, as well as salon services such as manicures, pedicures, hair, and massages.
There is also the chance to experience something more with your AmaMagna sailing with additional packages such as:
- Renewal of Vows package, including:
- Symbolic renewal of vows ceremony led by a dedicated official;
- Two one-hour massages plus one manicure/pedicure or hair salon service;
- Bottle of champagne;
- Romantic turn-down service with rose petals;
- Special custom-made dessert by the
- Sundowner excursion with champagne
- Exclusive Concierge Golf Program,
- Concierge service, including club care;
- Private luxury Mercedes transportation to and from courses;
- A la carte lunch at each course with beer and wine;
- One round per golfer at each golf course;
- One shared golf cart per round;
- One range token per round;
- One Welcome Packet (12 Titleist Pro V1 golf balls, a pitch repair tool, course guides and a leather shoe bag)
- Club cleaning after each round
Most accommodations on-board are suites, ranging from 355 sq. ft. to 710 sq. ft., and featuring step-out balconies.
Each accommodation includes a range of exceptional facilities such as marble bathrooms, multi-jet showers, soothing bath products, cotton bathrobes, slippers and a
Grand Suites, measuring at 474 sq. ft. and the Owners Suite, 710 sq. ft., offer spacious seating areas, beds facing the river, bathtub, separate shower and double sinks. There is also connecting staterooms and triple/quad occupancy available on selected staterooms.
Focus on health and wellbeing
AmaMagna also features an expansive Zen and Wellness Studio where guests can take part in classes for strengthening, cardio and circuit-training. Each of these are led by a professionally-trained Wellness Host and offers the chance to focus on wellness during your sailing.
There is also a jogging track on the Sun Deck for morning or early evening laps and the opportunity to attend wellness lectures which are occasionally arranged on-board.
Healthy, locally-inspired dishes are available throughout the dining venues, including vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. You can also take a break from the wine and enjoy sipping refreshingly infused detox waters.
Unparalleled service with AmaMagna
Soon as you step on-board AmaMagna, you will be greeted with welcoming staff and a flute of Champagne, as well as a red rose from the Captain!
Each staff member, from the Cruise Manager to the stateroom steward, are there to ensure your stay on-board is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Whether it’s personalised latte art in your morning coffee, a special occasion cake make by the on-board pastry chef or a personal invitation to the wheelhouse as the Captain manoeuvres the ship.
The ship itself offers a more fuel efficient engine, which is much quieter in comparison. Guests on-board also enjoy more space, as there is no parallel docking with other ships in most ports along the Danube – where AmaMagna will be primarily sailing.
AmaMagna will be setting sail in May, when she will offer a number of itineraries along the Danube River.
Look out for her itineraries and call our Cruise Concierge on 0800 197 0854 for further information and expert advice on river cruising with AmaWaterways.