The following river cruise lines specialise in solo cruises:
Why choose a solo river cruise?
River cruises are fantastic for solo guests, regardless of whether you are craving a peaceful retreat to yourself or want to socialise with like-minded travellers. Everything is guided, making a river cruise the safest way to travel on your own - Riviera Travel even offers dedciated solo tour managers. River cruise lines include a big range of excursions in the price of their solo cruises, meaning you will never be short of things to do in port. You won't have to worry about keeping boredom at bay on-board, either. A stunning collection of bars, restaurants and public spaces offers ample opportunity to relax on your own or recount your day's adventures with your fellow guests. Solo travellers can also benefit from special offers and discounts for singles.
Suggested read: Ten reasons to book a river cruise right now
Accommodation on solo river cruises
River cruise ships don't often have staterooms designed specifically for solo travellers, but thanks to the intimate nature of the vessels, any suite or stateroom you choose will be perfect for your solo adventure. Offering plush beds, stunning views and plenty of home comforts, you will want for absolutely nothing - luxury river cruise lines even offer butler service.
The best rivers for solo cruises
- Danube - this iconic river is the gateway to UNESCO World Heritage sites galore
- Dutch Waterways - explore multi-coloured tulip fields and picturesque windmills
- Rhine - visit Cologne, Koblenz and Heidelberg on this castle-lined river
- Douro - the third largest river on the stunning Iberian Peninsula
- Seine - visit the City of Light, Monet's gardens and the D-Day landing beaches
- Moselle - taste wine in Trier and visit castles in Koblenz
How to book a solo river cruise
If you want to embark on a new adventure, find your perfect solo river cruise itinerary, below, and call our Cruise Concierge on 08001970854 to book your unforgettable voyage. Surrounded by like-minded passengers and attentive crew members, the memories of your voyage will never fade.