The Avalon Waterways expansion of its Active Discovery programme is going that step further – now allowing travellers to choose their own adventure.
A revamp on the Avalon Choice program, there are now three excursion styles for river cruisers to choose from:
- Classic: A local expert guides travellers through the history and heritage of destinations on their river cruise itinerary.
- Discovery: Travellers take part in interactive activities designed to cater to their interests, from cooking classes to painting workshops.
- Active: Energetic excursions ranging from guided jogging tours of Amsterdam to biking and hiking trips.
Discover more with the AvalonGo App
To help cruisers further immerse themselves in each destination, Avalon Waterways has also launched the AvalonGo App.
The app invites guests to explore each port independently, offering detailed daily itineraries that help them to explore nearby attractions, local restaurants and bars, and entertainment options using maps and directions.
“Our guests tell us they want to explore in a whole new way,” says Stéphanie Bishop of Avalon’s Canadian office. “So we’d included more choice in their cruise price, choices that make each day according to your mood… We’ll even provide a picnic!”
A brand new Rhône itinerary
Avalon Waterways is also launching a brand new itinerary on the Rhône River. The eight-day Active Discovery river cruise will include an array of ‘Active’ and ‘Discovery’ excursions such as:
- Hiking or biking through the Camargue Regional National Park, or visiting a local oyster farm in Port-Saint-Louis.
- Hiking in Val d’Enfer or participating in a Van Gogh painting workshop in Aries.
- E-biking through Tavel, or wine tasting or touring the Musée des Aromes in Avignon.
- Canoeing through the Gorges de l’Ardéche, hiking through the Natural Reserve of Cirque d’Estr, wine tasting in an underground cave, visiting a crocodile farm or embarking on a ghost tour in Viviers.
- Rail-biking along the Gorges du Doux, hiking through vineyards, making chocolate bars or joining a cooking demonstration in Tournon/Tain L’Hermitage.
- Hiking in Parc de la Tête d’Or, joining a culinary walk, or making Saucisson brioche in a cooking class in Lyon.
All excursions are included in the price of the cruise, and each Avalon Waterways voyage takes place on-board stunning river cruise ships featuring Panorama Suites, open-air balconies and beds facing the beautiful views.
Would you like to experience these unique Avalon Waterways adventures for yourself? Call our Cruise Concierge team on 0800 197 0854 to book your perfect voyage.